We are proud to announce we are Blue Flag Certified!!
The Blue Flag Program
A Blue Flag site is one that has been certified to meet strict environmental and safety criteria. The criteria cover water quality, environmental management, environmental education and information, safety and services, social responsibility and responsible tourism. Boaters, beach goers and visitors can choose clean Blue Flag Beaches, Marinas and sustainable Boat Charters and know they are supporting a business which is environmentally responsible, clean, and safe. Blue Flag is a world-renowned voluntary eco-label awarded for beaches and marinas. When you see a Blue Flag flying, you know a beach, marina or sustainable boating tourism operator works towards sustainable development through strict criteria dealing with Water Quality, Environmental Education and Information, Environmental Management, Safety and Other Services.
Blue Flag Benefits
Being a certified Blue Flag site comes with many advantages. As an internationally recognized eco-label known by millions around the globe, it proves to visitors that you work in an environmentally friendly way. This recognition also adds value to businesses in the eyes of visitors/consumers.
- A proof of better quality of environment which gives assurance to visitors that your beach, marina and boats are of superior experience, thereby increasing their profile.
- Protection of the local environment from the destabilizing effects of unregulated practices.
- An opportunity for the area to capitalize on the reputation for environmental protection and market itself as such a destination
- A higher standard of environment for local people and the associated health benefits.
- Responding to the increasing consumer expectations that the tourism establishments actively works
Other Benefits for being Blue Flag certified:
- A boost in tourism and local economy
- National and international recognition
- Positive media relations and marketing
- Promotion of recreation and healthy living
- Improve education about local ecosystem
- Promote and use recycling facilitiesBlue Flag Criteria for sustainable boating Tourism operators: